iMMAP is an international non governmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Through this new project, iMMAP Inc. will support the humanitarian and development community, by setting up a unit to provide direct Information Management Support and on-demand IM services. The Unit’s main functions will be to support the actors in Mozambique in identifying and filling the IM gaps, support needs assessment activities, and response monitoring. The team will support the development of assessment tools and methodologies, review and update existing Common Operational Datasets, and design thematic and collaborative monitoring tools.
Description of Duties
· The CSLA will monitor the security situation in Mozambique in general but specifically in Pemba.
· The CSLA will conduct risk assessments, participate in enforcing security and safety procedures, and provide sound and timely advice to staff and management on safety and security matters.
· The CSLA will liaise and coordinate timely and efficiently with the Country Representative (and acting Head of Country Office) and the Global Security Coordinator regarding security incidents, threats or deficiencies which potentially could affect operations.
· The CSLA will update Mozambique Security Guidelines & SOPs periodically.
· The CSLA will assist with the implementation of safety and security policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as detailed by the Global Security Coordinator.
· The CSLA will ensure compliance with iMMAP’s global operating principles and risk management policies.
· The CSLA will create a weekly and monthly situation report as per iMMAP’s SOP, including context analysis of the security situation.
· The CSLA will conduct security induction briefs for new staff and visitors.
· The CSLA will design and practice emergency systems, emergency communications and provisioning of emergency supplies for all staff.
· The CSLA will conduct and submit to the Country Representative (and acting Head of Country Office), Site Risk Assessments (SRA) for locations regularly visited by iMMAP staff, including field locations.
· The CSLA will maintain the validity of emergency & contingencies protocols based on the applicable security levels as prescribed in the Security Management Plan.
· The CSLA will ensure that communication protocols are implemented, and project warden lists are up to date.
· The CSLA manages the security equipment and communication means.
· The CSLA will be the primary focal point in Pemba for procurement, fleet and asset management, ensuring timely support and correct procedures are followed in the completion of these activities. He will be supported in these activities where required by the HR, Admin and Finance officer.
· The CSLA will be responsible for providing staff in Pemba with induction and ongoing training and support on logistics functions including procurement, fleet and asset management rules, and responsibilities.
· The CSLA will perform other duties as assigned.
· Considerable practical experience of managing security and logistics in complex contexts and high-risk environments.
· A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of working in the safety and security sector with an extensive experience as an NGO security officer.
· A good first-hand understanding and knowledge of the context in the various regions of Mozambique.
· Ability to prove the existence of a strong security network in Mozambique at regional levels.
· Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
· Fluent in Portuguese, minimum reasonable oral and written English skills. Fluent in one and more of the local languages.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and analyse data and translate into effective information.
· Ability to work well in a small team, operate under pressure, prioritise and deliver high quality work within deadlines, and meet team objectives.
· Ability to provide a clear Criminal Record Check,
· Ability to provide honourable discharge papers, if a previous member of Armed Forces or Police Service.
REPORTING, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
· The CSLA will report directly to the Country Representative (and acting Head of Country Office) with technical reporting line to the Global Security Coordinator.
Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP Inc. in country associates, officers and staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non- governmental organizations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the public.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
iMMAP may end this recruitment before its closing date.
Contract starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 18 months
How to apply
Interested by the offer? Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1175/