This training was specifically designed by OTHER SOLUTIONS for aid workers who are working in or travelling to medium/high-risk environments or to remote areas. It aims to increase their level of awareness and preparedness. This training will allow them to help others while ensuring their own safety. The goal is simple: to provide a set of tools for the participants to be prepared effectively to manage their personal security in the field.
More specifically, Personal Field Security Training (PFST) aims to provide:
• AWARENESS of the practical realities of managing personal security abroad in the context of aid missions.
• KNOWLEDGE of the basic tools for managing personal security while in operation.
• SKILLS for managing personal security.
→ These 3 components are used under the acronym AKS.
Components of the training:
To achieve these objectives, the training course has four mutually reinforcing components:
1. Theoretical sessions: to consolidate the methods (pre-departure checklist, do’s and don’ts in violent situations, etc.)
2. Practical sessions: to train with basic techniques (first aid, radio protocols, etc.)
3. Simulations: to allow the above-mentioned methods and techniques to take root in a tangible framework
4. Validation and feedback sessions (debriefings and key takeaways)
All of our trainings are adapted to the local contexts. Consequently, trainings can include but are not limited to the following topics:
• Principles of personal security
• First aid / trauma
• Health in mission
• Movement security
• Safety and security in premises
• Stress management
• Personal risk assessment
• Hibernation, relocation, evacuation
• Sexual violence
• Mines, UXOs and IEDs
• Weapons and their effects
• Kidnapping / abduction
• Management of aggressive behaviour
Audience: This training is suitable for every aid worker present in the field.
Upon completion of the training and successful completion of all modules, participants will be awarded 4 certificates:
• Highfield Training Certificate
• EFR – Emergency First Response Certificate
• Hpass Competency badge
• Stop the bleed certificate
We look forward to seeing you!