A guide designed by Hostage UK (2010).
- Having a family member kidnapped can be a frightening experience. You will need support, information and advice.
- This guide offers practical pointers on how to cope and where to look for further information.
- It is aimed at UK-based families of British hostages taken overseas, but some things are relevant in other cases.
- Each kidnap is different and each family’s needs are unique.
- There is no one-size-fits-all approach and this document is for guidance only.