On 3 June, ICVA and PHAP organised the first webinar in the new Learning Stream on Risk Management in Practice, aimed at exploring the current state of risk management in the humanitarian sector.
In this webinar, organised by PHAP and ICVA, we looked at the key findings from a new briefing paper from ICVA and researchers from the Graduate Institute on security risk management in humanitarian organisations and framed them around the challenges that the current COVID-19 crisis presents to the humanitarian sector. We heard from practitioners and experts about the current SRM challenges and solutions in their organisations, including risk transfer, risk sharing, and challenges related to duty of care.
- Lisa Reilly, Executive Director, Global Interagency Security Forum (GISF)
- Azmat Khan, Chief Executive Officer, Foundation for Rural Development (FRD)
- Stephan Maurer, Geneva Representative, Danish Refugee Council
- Tom Metcalf, Senior Security Officer, UN WFP
- Jeremy Rempel, Head of Humanitarian Financing, ICVA